20090319

Chicago Art



I apologize ahead of time. Often times I will be searching for something on the net completely unrelated to Lambert Says Art and come across an incredible piece of art work. Sometimes I remember to write the name of the artist down. This is not one of those instances. This is one of the many occasions I spaced out and assumed I'd find the name again if I put in a similar search.

I vow to change my inconsiderate ways, but I feel it would be a travesty not to share the art with you and/or expose the piece itself.
It's not as if you were going to buy it. No offense, Bush has turned many artists into policeman or soldiers.

This painting has a special significance to me. Not simply because I am a Chicagoan or live close to Chicago and Halsted, but because my father used to work across the street from this site and once in a while after my sister and I's piano and violin lessons he would drive through the site and explain the inner workings of a true industrial compound and then he would take us out to breakfast. That would make up for missing Saturday morning cartoons...

No comments: