20090317

Marvelous!
















Bio
Marcellous Lovelace is a African American Political Artist from the Dirtiest Area's of the South Side of Chicago his works shows the depth of Reality in Thought, Nationalism and Social Awareness through Right Knowledge. A Nubian Painter with over 24 years of experience, most of Marcellous's Art comes from reality and not fantasy world, "The greatest expression you can imagine is what really happens and what you will create".

After seeing a couple of his pieces on Facebook I decided Lambert Says Art had to know more about this man. Months after this interview he released a video he directed and edited. It was in perfect synch, full of content and original. Just like his art work.
The colors of his work are not too loud and blend in a rich unison. The texture and tones of his paints will melt your heart in tandem with the subject matter. Too much of his soul has been invested into the work and it hurts to look at it too long. Here some his words and images anyway.
Interview with Quishenta Joans.

Q.J.
How long do you spend blending your colors?

M.L.
Well for me to mix colors it only takes a few minutes. Most of the time I mix directly on the surface and other times I have to add tints etc .. It's not a hard process when I make Art its really easy going and not really time consuming. I create all the time its a random problem to solve.


Q.J.
If you had more money to spend on art, what would your next move be?

M.L.
With more money to spend on Art hmm well I'd open up an Art Foundation and Gallery to Support African Art Culture Worldwide, including all the lesser known groups of African peoples from Russia, Asia, South America etc.. And develop a better knowledge of who these people are. The Indigenous African World needs to be taught on a wider angle and more detailed scope.


Q.J.
Does your craft affect your attire?

M.L.
Not really I'm none materialistic and I don't care About how I dress anyway. What ever I where I paint in, be it a Suit, Jordans, under wear or what ever. I'm bound to paint any way shape form or fashion.



Q.J.
When do you have to pull yourself away from a piece?

M.L.
I do not really pull my self away I normally get done before I exit the studio I'm painting in. If I'm away from my home studio I will just pull out the wrap it up box and leave and return another day. But that world is mostly for those that don't get done, I need to finish my work its my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty good look .. i'm kinda all over the place with my thinking i guess... word to sun ra ..
www.infinito2017.com (store)
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/marcellous-lovelace.html