20090829

Art of Flyness



I love fliers. I think they should be extinct soon. I thought they would disappear shortly after the advent of Friendster to be honest. The first few events I posted on Friendster, Myspace and Facebook brought hundreds of people out. Now it's so overdone, but I have already seen a decrease in printed invites. Trees 1, printers 0-

The green aspect of fliers can be debated, but the strongest arguments would come from people noting the energy used on computers and electronic devices is equivalent or more to the detriment of cutting down hundreds of trees and the pollution involved in the distribution and disposal the printed products.

One constant is that fliers require some sort or art (for the moment).
If I were to continue hanging all my favorite fliers I would run out of wall space. I predict someone will advent flier wall paper services, but until then, you can find my favorite fliers here.

1 comment:

Quishenta Joans said...

This show and the piece below was made by Erin Rembert. Can you believe someone put a window art show together and I wasn't in it? I can. I get no respect...