20090830

Icon


You already know who it is...

Vincent! One of my favorites. I believe he is one of the first artists to cross over to pop culture. His image, his work and his story have influenced so many genres. From kidnapping to philosophy, Van Goethe has influenced the world several times over.

I find myself think quite often about my icons and heroes. Some of them were not such great spouses or very friendly in demeanor. Most of them died young and lived stressful tragic lives. They are usually the most celebrated. I theorized that in order to affect the planet and leave a huge impact you have to leave early yourself. I also believed that many of these people knew on some level they would never fit in or live long so they found ways to burn bright and fast. Now I believe the society kills it's heroes, because it can't let them age and die like the rest of humanity. Creepy huh?

Anyway, I'm going to collect images of Vincent until I find every image I've ever owned of him.

No comments: