20080525

5 with Sadie Woods









This is our very first interview here @ Lambert Says Art!
We are proud to present Ask an Artist featuring the illustrious Ms. Sadie Woods.
Singer, Artist, Curator, DJ galore. Renaisaunce woman, Jacqueline of all trades. This woman has done it all, all over. You can research her on your own; it's worth the effort. Now here are 5ive questions I just had to have the answers to. Enjoy the exclusive:

Q.J. -Who sent you in the direction of Marwen?

S.W.- Gallery 37. I applied and interviewed and because I didn't want to settle on one singular concentration, they recommended attending Marwen courses. I followed suit.


Q.J.- What gallery/group in France did you find the most exhilerating?

S.W.-In France...well, I'd say during my travel studies, we visited sites in France, Italy, Switzerland and Germany and there were several places that stood out.

In Paris, Centre Pompidou and Palais de Tokyo, of course.
There is also a number of small independent galleries, which is always cool. Then there's the CAC in Brétigny, which does really great public art and conceptual installation.

In general, my preference is contemporary art, modern art, functional design.

Most inspiring for me would be "the man behind the curtain"
if you will. The composer/conductor of each composition. How things are displayed and engage to cause interaction and reaction.


Q.J.-What did you relate to the most abroad?

S.W.- What did I relate to most??? Throwing and attending parties. Performing. Being taught French in inebriated states. Learning well cultured peoples.


Q.J.-What are you looking forward to seeing next?

S.W.-That's to come...if you want to get an idea, please see blogs and upcoming event posts.



Q.J.-When was the first time you ever sold another artists work?

S.W.- Well, I would say knowing your artists' history and clientèle, venue, audience, community colleges and competitors will teach you a few tricks of the trade. The very first time I sold work was my own, 10 years ago. When I took on gallery coordination and curating, I sold work for myself and others just about every show.

No comments: