20080525

Slept On: Le Passage



Some of you are thinking; " Le Pasage is not slept on." Semi-celeb Billy Dec's long time hot-spot on Rush street is not at all ignored. It is still the pinnacle of clubbing. Chicago nightlife would not be as chic without it. I am not here to talk about the old school DeeJays, dope fund raisers, cool Haitian bouncers, friendly Brasilian bartenders, the immaculate bathrooms or even the superb dining experience. The first thing I notice is art, no matter where I go. No matter what you think of trendy, luxury oriented, dance/ lounge spots where L.A. meets Bogota, Columbia, you cannot deny the artesians crafts on this mosiac wall. Le Passage has had the best art-deco in Chicago hands down. And it has been that way since it opened. Sadley I couldn't find the name of the designer online, but Kudos to them. Even sadder still, I heard they just remodeled, I'm uncertain if they kept the front wall the same. My point is, try to go outside your element and visit this club at least once if you want to see what the standard of cool is at. I will have to track Billy down for an interview, but you don't have to know Billy Dec to go check out the walls. Actually, sometimes it really helps. Get him a new cap, it might get you in faster.

No comments: