20080528

What's the Deal?












We have another exclusive for you! We bring you the real Deal!
Dale Paracuelles. aka "DEAL" has been on the grind for some time now. His work generates a reaction worthy of a future star. This man is seriously on the hustle. His Gurelea Arts label is making moves and he is refining his style to the "T". We had to give him an inquisition.
Here is some genuine Chicago substance for you:

Q.J.- How much time do you think the average artist should spend on their craft?

D.P.-For me, I’m constantly building on my craft. Even though I’ve somewhat establish a certain style, there are alway things that’ll influence me and I‘ll try to incorporate bits and pieces of those things into my work. So by doing that, you create new shit and your style progesses.


Q.J.- What was the name of the place you had the best reaction to your work?

D.P.-I’ve had alot of positive responses here and there wherever I had my work up. I’ve displayed some of my images on Myspace, so alot of them will hit me up through email too and tell me that they like my work. Just showing props and love, but nothing outrageous. It’s an pretty even response everywhere.


Q.J.- Where would you like to be showing in 5 years?

D.P.-Hopefully pumping out hot shit for bigger events or even overseas. That would be cool.


Q.J.- Who is buying your work?

D.P.-I really don’t know. I guess it varies. You’d be surprise to see who’s buying your work. I did a show one time in which an older sophisticated couple bought one of my paintings. I was just like...”Yo that’s dope!”


Q.J.- Do you feel like chicago is a good place for painters?

D.P.-Definitely! I’m telling you, there are alot of talented artist here in Chicago. It’s just all about Networking with people and promoting yourself and getting your shit out for people to see. Especially now, I’ve notice alot stores that are opening that will support us. So yeah, Chicago is a good place for painters.

1 comment:

Poster BOY said...

Im diggin this dudes work.