20080524

Art Flick: Pucker Up and Bark Like a Dog


The 80's are back. I hit the vault for this one folks. Do you remember 1989? I do.
That was the year this low budget film went to video and some other important things happened too.
This movie really hit home for me. I finally saw someone making a film depicting how difficult it is to be a fine artist in modern society. The warmer part of the story illustrates hardships of being being a broke artist and in love in L.A. I can almost relate to that. This movie is a must see for any young up and coming artist or aspiring painter. Plus this is an accurate and humorous, satire portraying the art world while poking fun at everyone in it.

This story was written by Walter Josten and Patricia Brando Josten.
Directed by Paul S. Parco

It stars Jonathan Gries and Lisa Zane.

You may recognize Jonathan from the hit T.V. series Martin and the break out comedy film Napoleon Dynomite; where he plays throw-back, Uncle Reno. "Back in 88..."
Brilliant-
I suggest you hit up Net Flix for this one, just to keep them on their toes.

No comments: