20080524

Cover Art: Natalie Cox Mead


This is the cover art to David Mead's cd 'Wherever You Are.'

I want to begin exposing some of the more profound and original album art I have seen. I have not even listened to this album because I just start gazing into the cover. Natalie Cox Mead resides in New York. She works as an illustrator for advertising. Her mediums range from charcoal to acrylics. Her work is subtle, yet makes a statement. It screams of isolation in contemporary society. The general public can relate to her imagery at a glance. When you study the art, her technique is even more impressive. I still don't know how she is related to David Mead, but it really does not matter. Her body of work is outstanding in my personal opinion. I hope the music stands out as much.

No comments: